Armenia, Republic of
Kamavor Khachatryan MD
Military Medical Department
Basic Task of the Military Medical Service
- Provides an Overview of Military Medical Support to Armed Forces Operations
- Explains Roles and Responsibilities in Military Medical Support
- Describes Military Medical Support Casualty Management, Medical Logistics, and Medical Information Management
- Details Military Medical Protection Casualty Prevention, Preventive Medicine, and Health Surveillance
- Covers Military Medical Support across the Range of Military Operations
- Addresses Military Medical Planning Considerations and Medical Logistics
Main objectives of the medical service
- The health protection and strengthening of the personnel of the Armed Forces and their equal civil servants.
- Full medical organization and support to ensure the Armed Forces measures and daily task.
- Epidemiological, sanitary and environmental observation and control security provision of military personnel.
- The constant fighting and mobilization readiness, assurance and improvement of the Armed Forces Medical Service.
- Entire medical support to the sick and wounded military personnel in outpatient, inpatient, rehabilitation and complete organization of medical expertise.
- Organization of the acquisition medical equipment, property, medicines, disinfectants their target allocation, control of efficient use and organization of medical equipment maintenance and repair.
- Military Medical Service Regiment and Hospital Rings, Units supply, strengthening and modernization.
- Military medical science, trainings, scientific research and development of relevant literature.
- The statistical analysis of the armed forces general and seasonal diseases, growth factors of diseases and injuries, disclosure of their medical and general mitigation recommendations reports to the superior commanders.
- The organization of special military medical trainings, conferences for different level of armed forces personnel, and professional trainings, conferences for different level of military medical personnel in cooperation with Civilian Healthcare Organization.
- The development of military medicine and determination of its most important areas, considering and creating conceptual, doctrinal and directive documents.
Aviation Medicine Service is part of Central Military Hospital. The main task of Aviation Medicine Service organizes health protection, appropriate medical treatment and carries out objective medical expertise to the flight personnel of Army Air Force, special forces, paratroopers, air- rescuers of Ministry of Emergency Situations etc.
- Role 1-field area or medical point (paramedics, medics or doctors),
- Role 2-regional hospital or medical group,
- Role 3- and 4 central hospital,
- Role 4-specialized clinics (MOH).
Other Special Aspects
Armenian Military Medical Doctors
Armenian Military Medical Doctors Association was founded in May 2014.
Its status as an association is not pursuing material interests non-governmental organization, which main aim, required by law, in the sphere of medical care of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Armenia is: implementation of medical research in the field of medical care, providing support for the professional, social and legal issues and their practical support, submission of proposals for the development of the military medical system based on a study of advanced foreign experience, other public benefit activity in the medical care of the country’s defense sphere. Currently the Association has more than 600 members: previous and present medical doctors, scientists and researchers, nurses and other specialists.
Last year the Association has undertaken a number of important works.
In October, jointly with the RA AF Military Medical Department, Rescue Service of RA Ministry of Emergency Situations and Yerevan State Medical University after M.Heratsi an international conference was organized and conducted. Recognized experts of military medical sphere from Russian Federation, USA, Greece, France, Germany, Belarus took part in the conference and gave speeches.
The conference was concluded with a joint military training with the Military Medical Department and the Rescue Service of Emergency Situations Ministry. Professional round tables, discussions, meetings and thematic conferences have been organized, their main subjects
were reforms in the military medical service system. On the support of the Association specialized medical care for military invalids is being organized in the leading clinics of the republic. Founder -Chairperson of the Armenian Medical Doctors Association is Ph.D. in Medical Sciences Mrs. Ruzanna Khachatryan, currently simultaneously she is the Head of the Association’s Council.