General terms and conditions, cancellation policy
Terms and Conditions
§1) Subject matter and scope of these terms and conditions
1. These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter: GTC) govern the rights and obligations regarding the booking of events of the Beta Publishing House ("Beta") and the User ("You"). The events can be booked on the Internet at www.beta-publishing.com/veranstaltungen. In addition, we reserve the right to make the offers available on other websites and above all as print versions.
2. Only our terms and conditions apply. Conflicting or divergent terms and conditions we do not recognize, unless we have agreed on their validity in written form.
§2) Conclusion of contract
1. A contract only comes into effect through our confirmation to you in text form (eg e-mail) after you have entered your registration data in the registration form and clicked on the button "register for the event" or another "login button" or your registration documents reached us in another way.
2. There is no right to conclude a contract. We are free to reject any offer of a user to conclude a contract without giving any reason.
3. Prerequisite for the conclusion of the contract is that you are at least 18 years old.
§3) Our services
1. We offer you the opportunity to book and visit our events, conferences, trainings, courses, etc. on various topics. The booking is usually online or via other distribution channels (such as print).
§4) Withdrawal and cancellation policy
You have the right to cancel this contract until fourteen days after invoicing without giving reasons.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must contact us at
Beta Verlag und Marketinggesellschaft mbH
Telephone: +49 228 / 91937-30
by means of a clear statement (such as a letter sent by post or e-mail) about your decision to withdraw from this contract.
To maintain the cancellation period, it is sufficient for you to send the notification of the withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
- Consequences of the cancellation
If you withdraw from this contract on time, we shall reimburse you for any payments we have received from you without delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the date on which we received notice of your cancellation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment as you used in the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; In no case will you be charged for this repayment fees.
3.1. You can declare your withdrawal from participation in an event at any time. Any right of withdrawal remains unaffected. The cancellation must be written.
3.2. In case of cancellation, cancellation fees will be charged:
• If the cancellation occurs before 4 weeks before the conference takes place, no cancellation fees will be charged.
• If the cancellation occurs within 4 to 2 weeks before the conference takes place you will be charged 50% of the costs as a cancellation fee.
• If the resignation takes place within two weeks before the conference takes place the full fee must be paid by you.
3.3. It may be possible in individual cases that you name a suitable substitute for the participation in the event and thus a contract change instead of a resignation can be made. Please contact us.
1. The prices for the respective event can be found directly in the respective offer information on the website or the event description in print form.
1. All applicable fees are to be paid in advance without deduction.
2. The payment of the event costs takes place after your full registration for the event and can be done by PayPal, credit card or bank transfer.
3. Depending on the event, a different method of payment may be granted by us in individual cases, e.g. at the event on site. If there is no information in the event information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
§7) Obligations of participants
1. You are required to truthfully provide information that you provide about yourself as part of registering for an event.
1. We take care that personal data of you are only collected, stored and processed, as far as this is necessary for the performance of the contract required by law, or ordered by law. We will treat personal data confidentially and in accordance with the provisions of applicable data protection law and will not disclose it to third parties, unless this is necessary for the fulfilment of the contractual obligations and / or there is a legal obligation to provide it to third parties.
2. We will use your data to inform you about our upcoming events that might be of interest to you. If you want to refrain from this service, please contact us.
Beta Verlag und Marketinggesellschaft mbH
Telephone: +49 228 / 91937-30
3. In the event that data protection declarations of consent are obtained from you in the course of the event registration, we point out that you can withdraw them at any time with effect for the future.
§9) Limitation of Liability
1. In case of intent or gross negligence, we are liable without limitation for all damages caused by us about the provision of our contractual services.
2. In the event of slight negligence, we shall be liable without restriction in the event of injury to life, body or health.
3. For gratuitous services, we shall not be liable beyond the liability in paragraphs 1 and 2.
4. Apart from that, we are only liable relating to the provision of paid services if we have violated a material contractual obligation. In the abstract, such essential duties are obligations whose fulfilment makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on whose observance, you may regularly rely. In such cases liability is limited to compensation for foreseeable, typically occurring damage.
5. As far as our liability is excluded or limited according to the regulations, this also applies to our vicarious agents.
6. Liability under the German Product Liability Act remains unaffected.
§10) Changes to the terms and conditions
1. For changes in services, other adjustments or for the implementation of legal obligations, we reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time with effect even within the existing contractual relationships. We will notify you of such changes at least 6 weeks before the planned entry into force of the changes. If you do not object within 6 weeks of receipt of the notification and continue to use the services after the expiry of the opposition period, the changes shall be deemed to have been validly agreed upon expiration of the deadline. In the amendment notice, we will point out your right to object and the consequences of an objection. In case of objections, we have the right to terminate the contractual relationship with you regarding the planned entry into force of the changes.
§11) Final provisions
1. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies, whereby the validity of the UN sales law is excluded.
2. If you are a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law, our registered office is the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from the contractual relationship.
3. Note on online dispute resolution
The EU Commission is making available on the website http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ the possibility to carry out a complaint procedure for online dispute resolution for consumers (OS). The provider is not obliged to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
4. Should individual provisions of these Terms and Conditions be or become ineffective, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.