Guyana, Co-operative Republic of
Nigel Langhorne MD
Guyana Defence Forces
Basic Task of the Military Medical Service
The Medical Corps Guyana Defence Force (GDF) provides primary medical and dental care to all the members of the Force and their immediate families.
- In order for Medical Corps to execute its role the following tasks are assigned:
- Medically examine and screen all applicants and members of the Force.
- Conduct dental inspections of all applicants and members of the Force
- Liaise with the Ministry of Health for all aspects of training beyond the capabilities of the GDF.
- Advise the COS of health matters.
- Support medical outreach operations.
- Provide ambulatory care to members of the Force.
- Establish a preventative health care programme.
- Conduct health education training.
- Conduct annual examination for all ranks.
- Advise, evaluate and administer and environmental health programme.
- Provide Hospitalization when necessary.
- Conduct psychological profiling at these stages:
• In processing
The Medical Corps is administrated by a Captain, the Medical department is headed by a Major the FMO and the Dental FDO. The HQ is situated in Base Camp Ayanganna and it has the following facilities:
|A Medical laboratory||15|
|2 Dental surgeries/Dental Lab||20|